Saturday, January 31, 2004

Reading: Message in A Bottle - Nicholas Sparks

What a touching book. I know there has been a movie made based on this book, but I've never watched it before. The book tells us that destiny could really make two people who are meant for each other meet, and make it look like a coincidence. I believe in destiny, of course, and I believe people who are meant to be and destined to meet will finally find their way to each other and live happily ever after. It might sound childish, but I do believe destiny has a role in people's life. So.. anyway, this book tells about a man who had lost his wife because she died in a car accident, and he started to write letters for her then put it inside a bottle and threw it to the sea. And this woman who had been divorced from her husband found the letters, and she decided to meet the man (after a research she finally found his place) and without a doubt, both started to fell in love. I've always pictured my own first encounter with the person who's meant to be mine that romantic. It's very unique, unexpected, romantic, and of course the destiny takes a lot of part in it. I would so like one beautiful scene like that. I always like Nicholas Sparks, and his other book which is A Walk to Remember has been made as a movie as well and you know how it's also very romantic. Sadly the movie isn't as great as the book. Another book created by him is A Bend in The Road this also tells about how destiny made a couple meet and fall in love with each other. The ironic thing was that the man's wife died in an accident and the woman's brother was the one who killed her (accidentally, of course). But however they still love each other and they still live happily ever after. I love all of Nicholas's book, and hoping to find more in the school library.

Oh.. and the school fest today is cool, and I meet many friends as well, but nothing unexpected happened, unless I actually won the door prize but was too busy to hear my number being called. I knew of course I was overreacting to expect something new to happen but still the experience was nice. I didn't regret coming to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Desperate Secrets - Secrets of my desperation in life from the past and present

THE DESPERATE

Alias: Cornelia
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: Indonesia
Birthdate: 03 Sept 1987
Star Sign: Virgo
Birthstone: Sapphire
Planet: Mercury
Element: Earth
Favorite Color: Lime Green
Obsession: Alias
Occupation: Freelance Translator
University Major: Integrated Marketing Communication
Live Journal: Private Eyes
Graphic Journal: Nocturne Love
Fan Fiction Journal: Three Decades
I am worth $2,045,034

Credits

Design by Ireth Halliwell
Hosted by Blogger
Site Content by Cornelia

Shoutbox



Free Website Counter
Free Website Counter

Powered 
by Blogger